A book for MUM

My books arrived from Amazon last Friday. I spent all of the evening and Saturday morning with my nose stuck in this book. It is brilliant. It addresses all of the things I want to say about motherhood but haven't had the words to express.




My favourite quote apart from the title: I love being a mom, I just hate doing it. The book is full of great quotes and excerpts from the hundreds of interviews the authors conducted.

The whole book is written in a really personable way. You really feel like the authors are talking to you. The topics include such things as maternal guilt, competitiveness, stress but above all the underlying theme is our (self-imposed) hugely unrealistic expectations.

I have about one chapter to go and then I plan to re-read it and make an action plan.

I recommend this book to all mothers, especially those with young children.

1 comment:

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.