Parenting

I have two kids. A five and a half year old and a baby who is almost one. When the baby was born last year I found it hard to shift my attentions away from my older child. After all he had been the centre of my world for over four years. My mother opened my eyes to what I was doing. The baby has slowly become his own entity.

Now that we have had baby for a year I can look back and feel that I have done a pretty good job balancing the time I spend with each of them. Well actually it's been easy to pop the baby down for naps then spend the time with the other.

Changes are afoot since the baby started crawling a few weeks ago and now he is almost walking. He is certainly very mobile. He suddenly needs constant attention in the form of vigilance. And after all this time as a model brother the big boy is starting to act up. We have had a few Super Nanny moments as I like to call them.

I have ordered a book called I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids: Reinventing Modern Motherhood.

I am hoping this will give me some ideas or at least be a giggle.

Also on my mind is the fact that I am a single parent in many ways. I don't want to diminish the role of the single mother in any way as I know my life doesn't compare. But from my kids' point of view it's all me. My husband leaves home while they are still asleep in the morning and returns home after they have gone to bed. He works these horrendous hours six days a week. So while I don't have any financial worries thankfully since I am married I am almost solely responsible for raising these two kids.

It's not easy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.