Christmas cards


I did it! I created a card using Adobe Illustrator. As part of my grand scheme to start a small business I downloaded a 30 day trial of this very expensive software. It's a huge learning curve - to the point where you need a degree in computer graphics to navigate it I think.

Anyway I am pretty pleased with my first efforts. It's not a totally original design. I've been inspired by things I have seen in shops and online but I didn't copy it directly from anywhere.

I printed them with my home printer on acid free fine water color paper postcards.

I've printed out a little set of five so if I have your address you might just be getting one for Christmas this year!

5 comments:

  1. is it a special nod to the Tribe to have the Star of David on top of the Christmas tree? Or is it a Hanukkah bush? hehehe
    ;-)

    Please make more designs non-holiday specific! I'd totally buy your cards!

    I'm a total dimwit in the arts dept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card. I think you've got the makings of a business there.
    --dongurigal aka kath2003sma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two! I'll keep chipping away at it.

    Montchan I am a dufus when it comes to religion - I just liked the symmetry of the six point star. I've changed it to a five point star. Is that more Christmassy?

    This is why you should always get the opinions of others before you try to sell something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is lovely. I can't wait to see more of your creations. I would love to buy some once you get your business underway.

    You give me hope, and I think you probalby know what I mean by that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, I am looking forward to being able to purchase them myself and also hopefully sell them for you through my venue.
    It looks great Jean, keep 'em coming.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.