A day in the house


Before


After

I've spent the day cleaning out my pantry - a huge job. I discovered the creepy crawly had been all around one particular area leaving droppings everywhere - gross.

Then adding to the grossness I found a rotten potato in the bag. I've had to cook up all I had to prevent spoilage of the rest. I learned this trick a few years ago: Parboiling and then freezing potatoes for roasting at a later date. This is what I did but it was from memory so don't hold me to it. Bring the salted water to the boil, add the potatoes and boil for exactly 12 minutes, drain and toss in about a quarter of a cup of flour. Freeze in a Ziploc bag.

Lastly, adding to the pure bliss of domesticity, I found another moth egg deposit inside the house. And it was open. I really hope I managed to get all of the caterpillars since it was all right beside my baby's bedroom. If you see any light brown smudges on your walls, quite high near the ceiling, get them off quick! They might be gypsy moths. I am not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.