Guam!

Developments! I printed out the airfare quotes from ANA and showed them to my husband. He thinks it sounds good, yippee. So I've spent the evening trying to find a hotel or suitable accommodations.

I have found out that places like the Hyatt, Hotel Nikko and such, ie. the beach front hotels are at least $250 a night so that rules them out. Although the Hyatt has a Kid's Club for five year olds and up. My son will be six ... tempting isn't it?

The Taumuning Plaza Hotel is pretty reasonable. It's more like what I'd call a motel. Some rooms are available with a kitchenette. That would be perfect since I will have two kids with me. I probably wouldn't want to eat out for every meal. Although there are so many restaurants to choose from Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood, TGI Fridays, Tony Romas ... Prices are listed at around $70.00 a night. Not bad I think. Plus it's near the airport so it should be easy to get a taxi or a shuttle.

The hotel is within walking distance of some shops, Hagatna Beach and there is shuttle bus to K-Mart from across the road. One website claims that dining and shopping facilities are all within walking distance and you'd only need a car to get to the historical and cultural landmarks scattered around the island.

Which brings me to weather. November is the wettest month. December probably gets a fair bit of rain too. The high is on average 30 degrees celcius and the low 24. Nice !

I think the Mai'Ana Airport Plaza Hotel is also worth checking out but they don't have a website. Also Days Inn Guam Tamuning or Castle Imperial Suites Hotel.

It sounds like a lot of fun doesn't it? Who is in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.