Idea: Chatter's Cafe

This morning on the way home from kindergarten my friend and I were discussing returning to the workforce. The company that I worked for up until six years ago has gone bust so there's no hope of returning to that job. We talked about teaching but I told her I didn't think I would want to open my own school. Then she suggested starting my own cafe!

In my ideas column on the left you'll see that I have an idea for a cafe. I love to bake. I really enjoy coffee mornings. I have pretty tea sets, cake plates and serving platters. I thought I could combine this love of cafe-style entertaining with English conversation. Actually I wouldn't teach, merely facilitate conversation over coffee and cake. Maybe share a recipe or demonstrate a technique.

This might be a good idea. What do you think? I'd probably charge a fixed rate much the same as a private English conversation lesson. I'd also want to make sure the guests didn't stay all day, so limit the time or actually have a fixed time period. All the preparation would be done in advance. It would be fun. Is anyone doing this kind of thing? What are the pros and cons?

3 comments:

  1. my plan is to someday have my own "space" this space would include tables for english lessons or crafting in groups.... also during down times a corner "cafe" with light meals (vegetarian of course) and coffee/tea/desserts. I would hope that it would be a warm place for people to gather.... with music and books.

    so, I think that an english coffee shop is an excellent idea. It sounds right up your alley!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fab idea--keep posting ideas for it. I already like the name, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.