Mothers who drink

Here's another confession for you. My kids were driving me crazy, I alluded to that earlier. So while I was cooking their dinner I opened a can of beer. I figured I could take the edge off with alcohol. I'm sure one of my wise mommy friends gave me that tip.

Bad idea!

After two years of trying to conceive, nine months of pregnancy and fifteen months of breastfeeding it seems I can no longer tolerate booze. I've got a pounding headache. Serves me right.

I did a search at Amazon for books about mothers who drink. I came up with several, surprise surprise.



There's also:

* The Three-Martini Playdate: A Practical Guide to Happy Parenting (Paperback)

* Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay: And Other Things I Had to Learn as a New Mom (Paperback)

* Baby Mix Me a Drink (Baby Be of Use) (Board book)

Perhaps it was my choice of drink. I've never been much of a beer drinker. Cooking sake anyone?

5 comments:

  1. May I suggest some of those cocktail in a can kind of drinks. Check the labels. Some of them have a low alcohol percentage - enough to take the edge off but not leave you hung over. Also, the cans are usually small.

    Just a tip from a seasoned kitchen drinker, also driven to it by the kids. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't drink anymore either. (waaaah) Hubbys birthday yesterday had a glass of wine with dinner and... perhaps I should leave this here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaimacat I am not going to give up that easily. Sherry suggestion is excellent. It's not that I can't drink it's that I was drinking the wrong thing! he he hick hic cup. LOL.

    You gals are putting a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the spirit, blooming! Start small and build up that alcohol tolerance! Don't be a quiter. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.