Thunder and Lightning

We're in the midst of a storm here. Heavy rain and frighteningly close lightning. It flashed and cracked simultaneously just now. It was so loud I almost jumped off my chair!

It's the perfect day to ... call in sick. My throat is still bothering me and since my job requires me to talk I decided to postpone. My student is hard of hearing, he's 69 years old. I didn't feel like yelling to be heard. Plus I slept in and the place was a mess, shhhh.

With time on my hands I've done some baking. Tomorrow we have a kindergarten event near my place. A parade of some sort. I've invited two of the other mothers to meet at my place and we'll walk down together.

I've made Hokey Pokey Biscuits. They're a tradition back home and I've been making them since I was a child. Americans can substitute Steens Syrup for golden syrup apparently.

3 comments:

  1. mmmm hokeypokey biscuits!! You're making me homesick! Where do you buy the golden syrup from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Corrina! I'm feeling better I think.

    I get the golden syrup from FBC I think. Or maybe the import shop. It's about 600 or 700 yen but it last for ages. In the bottle. You only need a tablespoon for the hokey pokey biscuits or the anzacs.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.