Smart Kids bag

My first prototype bag is ready! I enlisted the help of my son for the "photo shoot" and product "wear-testing". It passed with flying colors - he loves it so much he wants to keep it. What do you think? Shall I try my luck on etsy? or back to the drawing board? I think I will try something simpler for my next one.



Smart Kids Bag

Smart kids read books.

Smart parents save money by using the public library.

Give your child his very own library bag.

Foster a love of reading from an early age. Your child will love the independence of choosing and carrying his own books.

Product details
Kid-sized tote in sturdy 100% cotton charcoal twill. Small inner pocket for library card or wallet. Super cool robot pocket on front, divided to carry pencils and a notebook. Comfortable wide shoulder straps keep bag secure on child's shoulder. Deep gusset easily stows a week's worth of picture books or a few chapter books. Pictured here in use by my five year old reader and robot-lover. A future scientist perhaps?

Of course this bag is multipurpose and equally appropriate for your robot-loving daughter.

Robot fabric is Trefle by Kokka Japan. 85% cotton, 15% linen. Lined with fusable interfacing.
Twill is 100% Cotton. French (encased) seams to minimize fraying.

Bag dimensions 14 1/2" wide x 9" tall x 3 1/2" deep. Shoulder straps 20" long

Can be handwashed or gently machine washed. I do not recommend tumble drying.
Made in Japan in my smoke-free, pet-free, child-friendly home.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great. What price are you thinking to charge? I really like the idea and the organization. A bit bigger and you would have a great bag for juku kids. Little pockets inside for shoes, scissors and glue would perhaps add work?

    I am really impressed though and it looks so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaimacat. I'm glad it looks professional.
    I'm not sure how much I'd charge for that one. It's probably too labour and material intensive to sell really.
    The ones I am making now are so simple and sweet.

    I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.