A new project

Today I've been trying out a new pattern. I'm making a bag for myself for summer. The pattern is iron-on. It's so easy! I don't know why I haven't used these kind of patterns before! All the markings are there including the seam allowance. This particular bag has tucks which I am notorious at getting lopsided and uneven.

I'm almost finished. I'm really pleased that I took the time to think about placement. See how the center vine is actually centered on the bag (on both sides). Pretty slick, eh? I think I am going to love this bag. It's lined (in mustard yellow) so no raw edges. It's interfaced so it will keep it's shape. And it's roomy for all my junk.

I think I'll add this to the shop as a custom select-your-own-fabric design. The thicker linen or oxford cloth fabrics I have are perfect for this type of bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.