Quilting

I'm still here moaning about the cold and now you can add rain to the mix.

We took shelter at the library this afternoon. I was looking for books about sewing, specifically sewing techniques. Just trying to improve my game.

I found two beautiful books about quilts and patchwork. I will confess that I know nothing about quilting. My grandmother tried to teach me and I do recall making a patchwork pin cushion once from pink Liberty of London type fabrics. According to my library books we did a kind of English patchwork which involved paper hexagonal templates tacked together somehow. I'm very vague on the details. It was about twenty years ago!

I have a new found respect for the time and commitment that goes into a quilt. It's not for me since I am so impatient. Post a comment if you are a quilter and have some of your handiwork to share!

PS. Biggie's teacher had nothing but nice things to say about him.

3 comments:

  1. just dropping in for the first time. I foudn your blog through etsy (you added us to favourites)

    what beautiful fabric you choose, and your children are absolutely too cute! I hope to be dropping by again.

    cheers,
    kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know that I am a quilter. totally absorbed in projects that take years to finish. It's all about the process baby!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So will you share your photos Jan? can I pop in a link?

    Kimberlee, thank for taking the top to visit. Cute kids! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.