Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway

This has been a mantra for me over the years. I tend to be a worrier and have to push myself out of my comfort zone. When I do I always feel exhilarated.

Now sewing doesn't really doesn't really fall into this category but it is hard to push yourself to experiment especially when there is pressure to get things completed (looming order deadlines, dwindling stock, custom requests). Despite all that I worked hard yesterday to make this magazine tote. I'm very pleased because look at all the bias binding!!



I saw a bag like this the other day, made from gorgeous Italian leather (I won't say where just in case they sue me for copying). I thought it looked like the perfect thing to try at home. My magazine tote is made from quilted fabric printed with farm scenes. It's lined with the same fabric, not quilted. The front has a lovely large pocket then there is a double pocket inside with a smaller compartment for the cell phone.

It measures about 15" x 12" . The straps are stitched together to make it comfortable to carry in your hand and it can be carried over the shoulder. It's great and I love it. I am going to put it in my store later otherwise I might find myself wanting to keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.