Weekend sewing

It's Monday morning and the first official day of Spring Break. We're expecting Biggie's friend any minute and we are all still in our dressing gowns! Oh well.

Here's what I managed to get sewn yesterday while the boys were playing outside with their dad:

A mini granny bag in the smiley apple. It's very cute but now I'm wondering about that red bias binding.


And I finished this skull n' cross bones messenger bag for little girls. I think it's for three years and up. Do you like the little button detail? I created the gusset by turning the ends up to the outside rather than stitching them inside. I had a great time banging the snap button in. It's quite therapeutic (pent-up rage you know? LOL).


OK, I'm off to finish making their breakfast.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Sherry, my friend just popped in and she didn't say she disliked it. She thought it was a really cute bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Sherry on the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Sitting here with the kids while they eat their dinner I am thinking I should practice attaching bias binding. I have some ideas that will require bias binding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also really love the button on the skulls bag. A nice little extra touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Alfalfa, I have been seeing a few outside gusset things lately so thought I'd have a go! as you do!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.