Saturday School

Oh my goodness. We arrived at the kindergarten to find all of the mothers dressed to the nines for the Opening Ceremony of Saturday school. I was ashamed to be there in my world's most comfortable yoga pants and my bright-green-can't-hide-them sneakers. I obviously had no idea what we were signing up for. It does look like it will be fun for Biggie as a lot of his friends were there. It's two hours, twice a month. During summer there will be hiking and camping. We'll give it a go.

A side bonus of it is that I had a chance to speak to the principal which might curry favor later when it's Little Guy's turn to go to kindergarten. He is a nice man actually. It felt like coming home as we walked in. I guess they were good times.

4 comments:

  1. oh, man. How embarrassing, but how were you to know? The whole ceremony thing gets to be a bit much, doesn't it.

    Doesn't your kindergarten have a ...don't know what to call it..system? Mine automatically saves a place for younger siblings of students already attending or graduated. If there are too many kids who apply they do a lottery for the ones whose family has no previous ties to the school, but the kids with an "in" are pretty much guaranteed a spot. If now, how terribly stressful to have to go through all that again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did feel a bit embarrassed, mainly of my sneakers. Luckily I had a grabbed a linen jacket as I left so on the top I didn't look TOO bad. I had done my hair and makeup really quickly but again it wasn't TOO bad.

    Our kindergarten does have a "system" but I THINK it only guarantees a place if the sibling is coming while the older while is still there or just leaving. I'm not sure though.

    I hope there is a preferential treatment system because we have all the gear and the kindergarten did seem to be a good fit for us (I can say that now). Little Guy won't be going for a couple of years anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. New reader. My name is Sarah and I live in Osaka, too.

    Anyways, I totally know what you mean about showing up without the right attire. My husband doesn't know any of that kind of stuff and I have no clue so there have been a number of occasions where we've shown up underdressed. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as it bothers my husband. I just figure that the information will come in handy the next time we do this (we have four kids).

    Also, I read through your posts and I love your creations! They're just beautiful. I look forward to seeing what else you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thanks Sarah. I've seen your blog (on someone's blogroll?), I read your Easter post recently.
    I didn't realise you were in Osaka.
    Thanks for popping in!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.