Sneak Peek


I have been working frantically to get these bags sewn for one of the other foreign mums here in Japan. The kindergarten gave her zero notice about the bags required, she doesn't sew and was unable to find the "right" sizes in stores.

Her little man is keen on Thomas the Tank Engine. I'm really pleased with how these bags have turned out. Biggie and I chose the fabrics together. The outer is quilted fabric. By chance we found exactly the same pattern and color for the lining.

Kindergarten is three years in Japan so these bags have to withstand a lot of wear and tear. They are stuffed to the gills each week with art projects, P.E gear and outdoor sneakers. They need to be washed frequently which is why this gorgeous oxford cotton by Kokka is perfect for the task. It washes beautifully, rarely needs ironing and hardly fades over time.

I hope my little customer is happy with his new bags. I also hope he is not a blog reader because his mom wants to be surprised when they receive their package!

5 comments:

  1. Those bags are gorgeous, you put so much work into them and each one really is unique.
    I wish I had known you when I needed this stuff.

    Muriel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Muriel! if you have another kiddliwink I'll make all your bags for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep telling Muriel she is welcome to one or both of mine, but she stubbornly refuses. They are bag needing age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know when you start your line of colostomy bags;)

    Muriel

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bag for your walker perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.