The hostess with the mostess

That's me alright! The hostess with the mostess. It was another great morning enjoyed by all I think.

The scones were a great success, really the best I have ever made. Probably because I was only just mixing them up when the first guests arrived. I had to hurry so I didn't over-knead them.

The cake was very impressive being a marble cake, caramel and chocolate from an old Alison Holst book, Food for Young Families, I think it's called.

Next time I want to try Louise Cake. It's been on my mind for the past couple of weeks.

You can order Alison's fantastic cookbooks online from her website.I have at least ten of her great, foolproof recipe books. Those of you who have taken my recommendation to get a Crockpot can check out her Slow Cooker book. It's 5 star.

9 comments:

  1. Glad everything went well for you, and thank you for the link to the recipes. I am off now to make some cookies for my daughter, hopefully I can resist the urge to eat them all, before she comes from school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! Biggie just saw the picture and said OH you made a cake, where's that gone? (there are two pieces hidden somewhere for after kids bedtime!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn that cake looks good.

    are you planning to have a cake give-away contest in the near future?????

    i am too lazy to even click on the links to recipes.

    mail order cakes!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!!! That cake looks fabulous!! I am so glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny you should mention ... mail order cakes is something I've thought about doing. You could order one through Mee a Bee if you see one you like. I could overnight it! (within Japan of course).

    A cake giveaway. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cake giveaway? Sign me up for that. LOL!

    Glad the second chatty cafe went well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good. I'd like to have you for a teacher. Wonder where you get your butter for baking. Do you have a secret stash?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny you should ask about butter. It's a hot topic lately. I even heard a story on the radio about it last week. And the Chatters asked too.

    I confess to NEVER using butter. I bake exclusively with margarine, I buy whatever, mainly RAMA or maybe Corn Soft.

    Very occasionally you may need to add extra flour especially for biscuits. I personally cannot taste any difference.

    My cakes all rise perfectly and bake in the specified time ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margarine?! I'm shocked! Do your students know? LOL:)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.