Update time

Have you read my first post? Exactly one year ago (May 19th) I wrote this post entitled Bloom Where You are Planted. That's where the title of my blog came from.

This is part of what I wrote: with today's notes added

This where I am at today: A Curriculum Vitae of sorts

35 years old, married with two children
I'm still married (yaye), now 36 and thank goodness still just the two kids
Homeowner
Own car and licensed driver
Semi-permanent resident of Japan
Fluent in English and near illiterate in Japanese, some French
Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) with honours - major Marketing
*I graduated from The University of Waikato, Hamilton, NZ.

Interests

Surfing the Internet
Probably spending less time doing this but perhaps still too much, it has more focus now though
Organising and decorating
No time for this
Crafting and creating things (sewing, knitting)
hence Mee a Bee
Baking
Entertaining
Baking and Entertaining sounds like the seed of Chatty Cafe
Shopping (online!)
Way too much
Letter writing and corresponding
Most of my friends read the blog these days ... I've slacked in this area
Child raising, parenting, pregnancy
I am so over this! Most days I feel like I am just surviving as a mother. I'm inspired by mothers who create, who write, who work, who lead full lives.

More than 600 posts later I feel I have come a long way. Mentally I am in a much better frame of mind. Thanks for sticking with me!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blogiversary! It's an amazing feeling isn't it?

    I've never taken stock of myself the way you did...it probably would be quite a positive thing. Thanks for the idea.

    I hope you keep Blooming in Japan for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen. Blogiversary, that's cool.

    In July I will have been blogging for three years on my family photo blog but that won't be celebrated.

    I highly recommend taking stock. I think it's helped me see that I am not just letting life happen to me.

    Thanks so much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jan in nagasaki27 May 2008 at 6:42 AM

    holy crap!!!!! I remember your first post and I can't believe that a year has passed already.

    holy crap!!!!!!

    congratulations. I wonder when i started mine??? and you have 600 posts??? I think I have 75....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jan for being there from the start. One of the first people I revealed my inner secrets too and a staunch supporter, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!

    I pop in here everyday to get my fix and my inspiration.

    I have said it before and I will say it again. I think you are amazing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your one year anniversary. I love checking in with what you're up to and have been really impressed and inspired with what you've achieved in the last year. You really are blooming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Karen! This means a lot to me. I hope to continue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog (thanks for the follow on Twitter!). I sometimes wonder where I'd be now if the internet were then (when my two were the ages of your two and I was your age) what it is now. That was 20 years ago and things change even faster now than they did then!

    I'm glad you decided to bloom where you are planted; that's the very best way.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.