Have you read ...?

I've been given a pile of books by Jodi Picoult to borrow. Have you read any of her books? So far I have read two and am halfway through a third. She has written an astonishing fifteen novels the first of which she wrote while pregnant with her first child. Amazing and inspiring to mums, right?

The Pact was a thrilling contemporary novel about two families destroyed by a death. The reader is kept in suspense until the very end. Now I'm being kept on edge by Plain Truth.

In the back pages of The Pact Jodi Picoult writes that she is really a mom moonlighting as a writer. She has three children and writes when her husband gets home in the evening. Of balancing these roles she says that she feels compelled to write and if she didn't do it she'd go crazy. "I'm a better mother because I see the world through a writer's eyes ... and I'm a better writer because I see the world through a mother's eyes". These days her husband is an at-home-dad so you can see what's possible!


2 comments:

  1. I will have to check that out. You are the third person this week to mention her, but I'd never heard of her before.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.