Inspired Gifts

Talking to a friend this morning she was bemoaning the number of birthday parties her three children are invited to. Mainly that each party (sometimes as many as four in a weekend) requires a special birthday gift. Now that her two older children are in school the friends are not known to her so choosing gifts is tough, not to mention expensive.

It got me thinking about simple but thoughtful gifts. I think the gift of words is the best gift you can give. I love to give and receive books.

This classic train fabric reminds me of the wonderful illustrations of Eric Carle. A little boy's tote bag with a book slipped in would be a great gift - useful and educational. It doesn't require batteries and doesn't promote cartoon characters.

I might whip some up later. Let me know if you need any!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.