Creative Family

A new book arrived ... I justify these purchases by saying they are for my shop ... but this one is for us, the family.

Amanda Blake Soule is the author of popular blog Soule Mama. With help and inspiration from her three children she has written this wonderful book for the modern family. The ideas are simple, nothing is intimidating, it all seems do-able. It has its foundation in Waldorf education, perhaps attachment parenting and a bit of home schooling. I like it. A lot of the projects revolve around sewing and stitching. With two older boys and a little baby girl it's nice to see how the activities can be adapted to suit either gender or age. There's a new baby on the way so I look forward to reading more on the Soule Mama blog. The Amanda Soule website.

7 comments:

  1. I've been away and the horribly slow wireless internet access I had kept me from checking up on you. Hope all is well and look forward to catching up with you. Seems Little Guy has been on a roll lately, no? My little guy has mellowed a bit - thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. l have been looking at this book online for AGES and wondering whether or not i should get it....it's hard when you can't flick through! so what do you think???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, It's a very nice book, maybe when I have finished reading it I can pass it on to you ... it's not very expensive though (1500 yen) it's really worth having your own copy. For you with a little one I can see it being a very nice addition to the parenting collection. I'll try and read some more later, it just came yesterday so I have only flicked through it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought "the boss of you" via Ebay. Heard anything about it? I hope it`s as good as it promises....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to look it up ... sounds familiar ... ebay? was it second-hand? therefore cheap?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacqui, thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. Glad to see someone else who loves crafting books! I have already pre-ordered zakka on amazon and am just waiting for the release date sept 1st, I'll be sure to write a few more detials on the blog when it arrives - cant wait! All the best with your blog and etsy shop, I have come across both many times before actually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I think it`s second hand. But I don`t mind :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.