Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and I encourage you to visit the NBCAM site in October and regularly throughout the year for updates, information and resources.

Last week I was at the airport in a souvenir shop. The assistant was very chatty and led me to a display of Japanese-made ceramic kitchen utensils. His sales pitch was very convincing but what cinched the deal was the pink peeler. A portion of the sales goes to breast cancer research. Plus the lovely bright pink will be easy to spot in my drawer.

I haven't had anyone in my family affected by breast cancer (touch wood) but these days sadly you hear it mentioned so often. My thoughts go out to those who have lost someone, who is battling cancer or caring for someone affected.

1 comment:

  1. I will def.check out that site, what a good idea, I feel like I am hearing about someone with breast cancer more and more, we must keep getting the checks girls!

    I need a new can opener, so do let me know if you see one of those in pink please!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.