Hand Knitted and Organic


This morning a reader contacted me about handknits for children. Coincidentally I recently met Brenda Green from Brendaml. She knits the most gorgeous little beanies, booties and cardigans from her home studio in Christchurch, New Zealand. Everything is knitted from 100% NZ certified Organic merino wool and 100% NZ Merino wool. She also knits with pure wool and certified Organic Lambswool.

I just love merino. I live in it in winter - socks, sweaters and thermal underwear - I stock up whenever I am home. I am very tempted to ask Brenda to knit something in my size. In the meantime I will be letting my kids browse her shop as we start to think winter.

Brendaml: Merino Baby Handknits
for little boys & girls, from newborn, organic wool and vintage inspired styles

**Update: Brenda's shop has been renamed Natural Star ***

6 comments:

  1. Funny, but I`m longing for sweaters here :) I`d love to go shopping and buy soft and cozy sweaters and stuff in beautiful fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it gorgeous and Brenda is so friendly, she'd love to knit something up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Blooming for this wonderful write up. Totally unexpected but definitely appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.