A book review

Last week this book arrived (from Co-op) but it's also available on Amazon. It's rather appealing in its simplicity for the person who is new to Japanese crafting. My mother really likes it and has decided to take it home with her.

The patterns include drawstring bags, zippy pouches, small totes and notebook covers. There is also a cute piggy softie and some felt cuties like an apple and a pear. Lastly there are patterns for placemats and a tea cozy.

The fabrics used are not strictly Japanese which is great for people overseas who can't find the cute stuff as easily. Florals and linen blends are combined in a uniquely Japanese way which is quite sweet. We also noticed that it's mainly sewing and not so much fancy embroidery. I am needlework challenged myself. Embellishment comes in the form of buttons or rick rack.

It's a cute book. I recommend it for beginners in Japanese crafting or anyone after simple ideas.

Published in March 2008. 88 pages incl. patterns, color photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.