Buy Local Japan Mommies

I recently came across this toy store on Etsy. I got in touch with the lovely owner, Micka, to find out more. Micka lives in the Hida area of the Japan Alps. Demonchaux is his shop. He's French!

He says this of how he made his start "When I moved to Japan Alps area, I couldn't believe there were no wood toys despite a falling timber industry. I collect wood from traditional houses that are flattened to give place for newer houses.
I started to make toys for my daughter, then for other kids and so on and so on."

"Beep beep!
This is the most eco-friendly car
It is powered by imagination"

*So sorry Micka, about the mix up with your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.