This keeps popping up

Have you ever noticed how some things just keep popping up? Last week mum and I were working on an Eiffel Tower project. After a search through books on Paris, online clipart and google images I found a few suitable pictures. Then for the next few days I kept seeing images everywhere: online, in magazines and at the shops.

On the weekend we decided to knit a short buttoned scarf. After hours of searching I finally found some links and patterns. It turns out they are called scarflettes. Now I can't stop seeing scarflettes everywhere.

Now I can't stop finding Ravelry. The community for knitters and crocheters (is that the right word for people who crochet?) Seems like everyone except me has an exclusive membership to this (what looks like a really) cool website. And I keep seeing it everywhere. I'm on the waiting list for an invitation to join. I have complete faith in the process since I joined Spoonflower in the same manner a few weeks ago. It seems that when websites are in beta mode you can only join by invitation.

This is my update from Ravelry:
  • You signed up on September 28, 2008
  • You are #237765 on the list.
  • 1611 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 1856 people are behind you in line.
  • 98% of the list has been invited so far
So who's in? the cool crowd? Jan in Nagasaki?

8 comments:

  1. me me!! add me as a friend when you're invited! i'm 'fukuokagirl'

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, i have been in ravelry for a while, i think it took weeks, maybe months to get in. they have speeded up the process a bit, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I`m not into crocheting at all! Although I love knitting :) Let`s just say, I can afford only one passion at once :)

    I`m in Spoonflower too! Can`t wait to get THAT invitation!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to say hello! Found your blog through a link to a comment you made on your Juki machine on purlbee. Noticed you said it was a "25", which immediately made me think that you were in Japan.

    Looks like we have some things in common...sewing, little kids, and being foreigners in Japan (my husband is Japanese, and we live in Tokyo).

    Oh,and I am on Ravelry, but mainly to look at all of the cool projects other people are making...it's been awhile since I have finished any knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on Ralvery also- have been for over a year now but need to use it more! It took my about 6 weeks to get an email saying I was invited but I have heard they are getting faster!

    Hope it happens quickly for you! Add me when you join up- I am Lulu or Sakuralulu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am on Ravelery, have been for a while, but not used it alot until lately.

    I waited for ages for the invite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel a bit behind the times, I hadn't even heard of Ravelry until a few days ago,.

    Admittedly knitting is not really my thing, just dabble in that.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.