Donkeys Make Kick-ass Gifts

As much as I love opening presents on Christmas Day I do stop and wonder whether we really need more stuff. We have toys bursting out of every crevice. Books coming in regularly. Clothes overflowing off the shelves. We have a lot. We are very fortunate.

I love the idea of giving to charity at holiday time. At Oxfam (NZ) you can give a village a donkey for just NZ$110.00 - barely the cost of a nice meal out. A pair of chickens costs less than what I spend at Starbucks.

Most of the charitable organizations have these gift giving options: check Oxfam, World Vision, CCF for starters.

2 comments:

  1. you can also adopt a koala :)))
    http://www.koalahospital.org.au/adopt/koalas. php

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.