Buy books from Amazon Japan - ship worldwide

Shopping at Amazon Japan and having books shipped directly (anywhere in the world) is much easier than you think. There is so much assistance in English. Here's how to do it: Open the website Amazon Japan. Find the button on the top right, click: Shop in English. This page will open:

Read the FAQS for shipping rates, countries shipped to, item restrictions, customs duties, etc.


The search bar is now top center, you can search all departments or use the pull-down menu to search for DVDS or foreign books, etc. Since you probably want to buy Japanese books the easiest way to do that is to enter the ISBN number. You can find them on other people's blogs, flickr groups etc.

Here I've entered an ISBN number for this book. I like the look of it so I think I will buy it. At this point I will open a new window on my computer to check out the exchange rate. I think xe.com is pretty popular. I click Add to Shopping Cart. If you're not sure later you can remove it.

Now the book is in my shopping cart (click top left to view in English) and it's time to pay. You can also keep shopping. Amazon has made some recommendations that you can click on to view or simply add to the cart. I am just going to buy the one book today (it's tempting though isn't it?). Click Proceed to Checkout.


Next we're asked to enter a shipping/billing address. It's all in English (phew!) but you need to click top left to enter an International address (i.e. outside of Japan).


Next up is payment. As an International customer you'll have to pay by credit card. Payment at a convenience store is also an option if you know someone in Japan who can do that for you I guess.

Press continue and you are almost there! One of the final pages is this order confirmation. At this point Amazon has calculated the shipping charges based on your location and the number of items you have ordered. You can see in the center a button to click for more information. If this all checks out then click Place Order - the final confirmation (are you sure?) Your credit card will be charged and your books on their way! You'll get an email confirmation, usually within 24 hours. I'm not sure what happened next since I didn't really want to have this book sent to me in New Zealand. I'm sure it's just a thanks for your order page.

I hope this helps. I have a few books that I have reviewed in my side margin. My Amazon store. If you need help searching or want me to look up ISBN numbers I can do that. Happy Shopping!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the instructions! I used love Amazon.jp when I was teaching in Japan. A couple of months back I was thinking about buying a Japanese craft book, but couldn't figure out the checkout process because my computer only shows roman letters. Your post has inspired me to try it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather. I hope it works!

    Even though I am in Japan my computer only has an English operating system but it still reads Japanese, just can't write it. I think perhaps older computers need some setting change ( Japanese language support). Try that if you get gobbledegook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.handyzon.com
    This is how www.handyzon.com website's home page starts...
    Handyzon = Amazon General + Deals + Steals + Bestsellers + Most wanted + New addition + Chat zones + Hidden discounts + Product Details

    www.Handyzon.com also popularly known as handy amazon is amazon's biggest and highly paid associate. One single website has changed an old online shopping trend.Instead of using amazon's homepage, visitors are going for www.handyzon.com for shopping on amazon.For all the amazon fans and shoppers, handyzon provides you with amazon's handy shopping catalog with special features like chat zones,bestsellers,my selection,shopping rooms for searching products with upto 99% discounts for all the nations.Handyzon's latest search engines for US,uk,Canada,Germany,France,Japan enables users to search for products with discounts of their choice, plus you get to choose categories like bestsellers,top ranked, most wanted,most expensive,cheapest,best rated products.Latest deals are daily updated in 'steals' showcase.
    Besides shopping for products handyzon provides you with links to all the amazon pages including discussion forums,products tagged,latest news,associate programs thereby giving users a handy way to reach every inch of amazon shopping world.

    What started as Earth's biggest bookstore has rapidly become Earth's biggest anything store. Expansion has propelled Amazon in innumerable directions. The firm's main Web site offers millions of books, music, DVDs, videos, auto parts, toys, tools, electronics, home furnishings, apparel, health & beauty aids, prescription drugs, groceries, and services including film processing. Why pay regular prices when you can buy discount items online from Handyzon? For those of you having all the knowledge of the best and the worst ( products, brands, offers, rates, latest...) handyzon provides you with search engines, for others there are handy catalogs & chat zones,chat widgets,product reviews so that you don't miss even a single deal.

    In reference to its popularity,handy amazon is one of the biggest earning affiliate.Using amazon widgets and its own search engines in the best possible way handyzon is a complete website in itself for shopping, giving amazon shoppers a new home page to shop on.With thousands of unique clicks daily handyzon is the talk of the online shopping world.It is the one of the few websites that covers six nations for shopping facilities.Handyzon is based on showing biggest price cuts, newest sale items, and the big cost savers among popular items at the great big Amazon market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it supports japanese fonts
    www.handyzon.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.