Scheduling

Chatty Cafe is pretty popular, as you know. I have about 40 chatters on my roll. If each group of four came once a month that would be ten cafes a month. With an average of four weeks in a month you can see that I'd be very busy.

At the start of the year I made a decision to limit Chatty Cafe to once a week. This is already proving difficult with all the requests coming in. I've had to refuse two groups for next week alone! Uuurrggh. I hate to do that it because I don't like to disappoint the chatters. I like having the extra money too. But I have to be realistic. Chatty Cafe means Little Guy has to go to the babysitter. It also means I am busier with baking and cleaning which translates into me getting very tired (since I also have sewing to do at night). I just have to bite the bullet and stand firm - once a week, first come first served.

It's the age-old tug of war that mothers face: balancing work and family. Making time for personal pursuits versus giving quality time to raising the children. There will always have to be be compromises.

5 comments:

  1. Well that's exactly the subject on Nanny tonight -balancing family and a home based business. You have made the right decission.
    Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I suppose. Anyway it's only another year or so until Little Guy would be OK for more activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did abig study on work life balance last year and you are on the right track.Dont feel guilty and dont forget to look after the most important person Mrs Mee a Bee!!!
    Well Donex

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you think the little guy is ready for one or two days at a hoikuen... you could have one or two days to get things done and have a little more energy for "mom" stuff when he's home and "bag lady/ chatter leader" stuff when he's at school...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Jan .... I would love to find something that was one day a week for later in the year. He's only two right now and I feel that's a bit young to be shipping him off. I may ask my friends if they'd be interested in helping out, probably after the summer, he'll be three then and less of a handful. Actually he's improving slowly but surely I think (I hope)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.