Chocolates and a Cuppa

I have a few birthdays coming up so I decided to sew some pretty gifts. I found an idea in Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol.

These Mixy Matchy Napkins are so cute!

Bend the Rules Sewing is full of simple projects that can be tackled in an afternoon. I pulled out my fabric box yesterday afternoon and picked the materials. Then today, from start to finish, six napkins took me one and a half hours to complete (nap time). They sew up easily but you do need to press the hems well.

I've learned a lot from this book: the importance of using the correct needle for the task and to use a new needle when starting a new project. This is especially true if you sew felt since the needles go blunt quickly.

The chocolate is long gone and my tea as well. I'm very pleased with this little gift. And I am feeling inspired about other gift ideas. It's going to be Handmade Giving all year I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.