Happy First Day of Spring

Today is the first day of spring. It's a holiday in Japan, how lovely is that? Even though it's raining, it's pretty warm. Biggie and Little Guy are outside taking photos of the cherry blossoms. They are so pretty.

I think I told you last year that our cherry blossom tree is quite special to us. My mother-in-law bought it because it bears her name, Akemi. It was planted in her mother's garden for a few years. Great Granny passed away about a year before Little Guy was born. Shortly before he was born we moved into our new home. My father-in-law thought it was fitting that great granny's tree move with us so he transplanted it into our garden. Every time it blooms I think of great granny and her sister who both lived to their late eighites.

Are you thinking about Easter yet? This morning I've had a quick look through the DaWanda Easter page, there's some cute stuff! One shop has really caught my eye with her cute yet modern cards and paper gift adornments, Happy Kimono.

I am very smitten with these eggs seen on Etsy. In the past I have laboriously dyed real eggs and hidden them in the garden for Biggie to find. Perhaps this year I will get some wooden ones that we can keep forever.

2 comments:

  1. That tree story brings tears to my eyes...what a lovely thing to have in your garden. We were in Tokyo for sakura in 2007...it was magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks. You didn't think it was a bit harsh how I jumped straight from that topic to shopping? It's true though it does preserve her memory more for us.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.