The Little Sailor Boy

Here's a little peek of what I was up to on the weekend for Mee a Bee. I am completely besotted with this little boy. It's part of a series by Hamanaka and there is also a little girl.

To me this has a wonderful vintage look to it. The little sailor suit and his innocent expression are priceless. The finishing touch here is the blue and white ticking. Ticking dates back to the 19th century, it's a strong, tightly woven fabric that was used to make pillow and mattress coverings. Of course this is a modern-day rendering of it more like denim.

My favorite vintage inspired fabric bedding supplier is Warm Biscuit (now shipping internationally and accepting PayPal). For other projects have a look at the wonderful selection of 40s and 50s fabrics at ReproDepot.

4 comments:

  1. Both stores have beautiful fabrics..I've put them in my faves for later ! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to help Bubba - help part you and your hard earned cash that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love ticking. and i didn't know it was called that until just now. thanks. i am doing up my weekend update on my blog. i made a bag from ticking this weekend, too. crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ilove the retro material to but wouldnt know what to make and it doesnt really suit my decore but lovely to look at

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.