Mermaids?

These past few days I can't seem to get Heather Ross out of my mind. Not her but her wonderful whimsical fabric range called Mendocino. I'm very taken by this range which features giant squid, schools of fish and delightful mermaids. I love the washed out colors and the way the whole line coordinates.

I've been reading Heather's blog and am loving sneak peeks of her new book Weekend Sewing. There's a slide show on her website here. The kimono dress, baby bloomers and smocked pinafore are favorites of mine. The truth is that I don't really sew clothes even though I'd like to.

If I were to get some Heather Ross fabric I'd probably look to Denyse Schmidt for some ideas for piecing together a modern quilt.

Keep a look out for Heather's new fabrics for 2009 which feature unicorns!

2 comments:

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.