Mood Boards

I've been wanting to try a mood board for years but I have never gotten around to it. For one thing I hate tearing pages from magazines since I almost always pass them on (given that English language magazines are a coveted item amongst us English speakers in Japan). I see a lot of inspiring things around the Internet of course but when I print them out they lose their vibrancy somehow (plus I go through so much ink).

Yesterday I looked in on this blog by designer Hitomi Kimura of Kalla. She has a wonderful wall devoted to ideas. Take a look here. Today inspiration boards have popped up again via J Crew. Here you can view the inspiration for the Men's line and here the Women's.

Holly has written about Mood Boards several times on her website, Decor8. In December she posted this one but my favorite is her collection of Hopeful Things.

Okey dokey, that's enough to keep you clicking for the rest of the day. It's beautiful weather here so my boys have ridden their bikes to the library. I've just made a banana cake. It is cooling on the bench. Hopefully it will be ready soon. We're going to my brother-in-law's new house for lunch today. We are leaving in an hour! Yikes! (Biggie's favorite word).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.