Out and About: Kids Clothing Japan

I am thinking about starting a regular feature about the local retail scene. Since I love shopping. The shops here in Japan are amazing and quite different from home in New Zealand.

Since I run a business targeted at children I take an interest in trends in fashion in the children's market. Over the weekend I snapped these two shots of the window displays at a shop called Bibid Market, in the Aeon Rinku mall.

The outfits are pretty out there for me but I do like the way they have styled the look with cool toys and retro coke bottles. It sums up their ethos pretty well - cool and hip, a bit funky even eccentric? Probably not eccentric actually, these are fairly typical outfits for the young girls I see around here.

Take note of the bag, a cute "pochette" in patch-worked leather. Also the other accessories: necklaces and brooches. Quite a sophisticated ensemble really.

For my boys I definitely won't dress them in anything that has a nonsensical English phrase on it. The t shirt below says Love and Peace Back Alley. (?) OK, Back Alley is the label.

2 comments:

  1. Merchandising makes my knees go weak. LOVE it! More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nerida, MORE is the cue word I was looking for - MORE I have! Yes indeedy I don't care about getting in trouble for taking photos of their displays anymore!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.