Sleepover

It's Spring Break! Biggie is on holiday so we have some friends staying. We've had a really busy day - six kids to feed and water - all running in and out of the house. It's been great.

Mr. Mee a Bee is away tonight so I've given over our room to the guests and am camping out in my office. I'm dead tired but I am surrounded by all my stuff. This room is mine and mine alone. I am gradually filling it with pretty and inspiring things. I try to keep it organized and functional.

These are the shelves right now. How can I sleep?

Top shelf: Craft and sewing books. Business books and manuals. Craft catalogs. My deer from Little Cabin. The polar bear noticeboard I made when I was about 18 years old. Postcard from Syko.
Back wall: Prints from Sarah Jane awaiting babies to be born this year. Art mainly from the Feed your Soul project.
Bottom shelf: Biggie's tin of Dangerous Stuff for Boys. CDs that have been confiscated from Little Guy. My pencil tote filled with all different colored Sharpies and pencils I have nicked from Biggie. My Hello Kitty pastel crayons found at the secondhand shop. A piece of wallpaper from Wallpaper from the 70s. My gift wrapping center, business cards and stickers for Mee a Bee.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your picture, i am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll borrow your wallpaper from the 70's = )

    It is so much fun having house guests but ..kinda tiring too = ) our new arrival came last night, she was up crying all night.. so sleep deprived at the moment = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shelves are so lovely and organised. Its so nice to have your own little space.

    Your little visitors sound like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand the feeling of escaping to your 'own space'. Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.