Back to boy's stuff

I've had a really productive sewing week. This morning I sent off five parcels! That's five projects I've signed off on. Plus I have one to hand-deliver! I am feeling good. My latest completed project is this duvet cover for Little Guy. Isn't it awesome!?

Last week I was looking through my hearts page and I noticed a store called Japonpon in the list. It turns out it's my friend Andrea's new fabric and supply store. I spotted this fabric and had to have it. Andrea was very kind and gave me a great deal so help me return the favor by visiting her original art store. AK is an expat mum like me living in Japan. Her work is really cool. I am very fond of the ginkgo leaf watercolors.

The duvet cover is backed with red cotton I got cheap from Ikea. I thought it would pick up on the red cowboy shirts plus it was the cheapest fabric in a remotely suitable color. Suddenly Little Guy's room has taken on a whole new life. It's going vintage/retro/ western?? I need some ideas for other adornments and accessories. I'm thinking an old map ... What do you suggest? Not too Western please, more modern mixed with vintage since our home is modern-ish.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome. Would look great mixed with denim...(fringing? maybe.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think maybe that banner/bunting you sent me would be a cool addition to his room. The colours are good for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yihaaaaaaah!! Looks GREAT!!!! Wow, that was some fast sewing. The red lining really gives it some zing. As for decorations; maybe a map of NZ! ;-) or a sailing ship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done jacqui! I love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps jacqui I vote for a modern retro look. mayeb track down some fire engine fabric or something with old school bikes on it.. get my drift I am sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. great ideas thanks! I will look at ohdeedoh.com for ideas on mixing it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that fabric, I saw some kids' wellies in that design the other day, so cute, they had little buckles on the side too.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.