Happy Children's Day

It's Children's Day in Japan.
Boys and girls are celebrated today!

The koi carp is the symbol of strength and wishes for success in life. You can read more here on Wikipedia.

Since it's raining today the banners have all been packed away but they have been displayed for the past few weeks.

We have a glass encased Samurai helmet, kabuto in our family. Since it's glass I haven't had it out for the past few years. Maybe next year Little Guy will be able to resist touching it. It also symbolizes a desire for our children to grow up strong and healthy.

Take a look at the Mee a Bee Facebook page for details of the Mee a Bee Children's Day Sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.