My Spring Clothes Cleanout

Every year around this time I start to panic that I have nothing to wear. That usually leads to me buying things in a hurry that either don't fit or really don't suit me. This morning I went through all my summer tops and t shirts. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I have lots of options. Everything still looks OK. Trying them all on at the same time was a good way to see which styles are the most flattering. I'll wash and iron them later so I won't be in tears each morning with nothing to wear!

Now bottoms are another story ... I know I have put on quite a bit of weight lately. I don't feel like ruining my day by trying to squeeze into trousers and pants that won't come near me. I'm in too good a mood! Hip & Thigh Diet?

I've also thrown out some things. I'm a hoarder by habit but it felt good to throw away the pants that I have already repaired three times and two tops with sequins (I know!) all dangling off them. They were way to tight and short last year anyway.

3 comments:

  1. It's weather change here too, my cupboards had a good clean up the other day, the girls need one too...but I get too sentimental with clothes and keep the bags just in case....Bad I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! I haven't even looked in my closet, I know I will end up sobbing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Nigella has some helpful hints!!!! NOT
    We all have clothes in our wardrobes that tell a story about another place another time a lapse of memory when it was last worn AND WHY!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.