A random collection of stuff

After the day from hell yesterday I am pleased to say today is looking much better. The kids are calmly eating their breakfast and/or watching Harold & the Purple Crayon on DVD. The washing is in the machine. Mr. Mee a Bee is on his way to the office. We have visitors due at 10 so I have half an eye on the housework situation. THE SUN IS OUT!

Blogs and websites I have quickly popped into today:

Spoonflower - print your own fabrics - I'd love to do it one day especially now they are doing upholstery weights. Soon they will be offering linen/cotton as well (for a limited time). What I love to do each week is vote for my favorite fabric of the week. It's great to see what creative people are coming up with. Here's an article about the whole "print-on-demand" idea for fabrics. I am pretty sure Kokka offers the same service here in Osaka. Fabric on Demand is a newbie that looks cool in the USA, a lovely group of people run it.

Apartment Therapy ohdeedoh - I love this post about a vintage cowboy room by Sydney interior designers Retro Rooms I'm still thinking about Little Guy's room. It won't be quite as bright as this one but it's a great source of ideas. It led me to do a search for a cool poster on AllPosters.com Now I can't pick!!

Here's a new-to-me designer that's getting some blog buzz this week around and about (to me via Skout) Rosie Goa. Breathtakingly gorgeous florals for girls in bold colors.

OK kids seem to need help with their Lego planes. Off to enjoy our Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. i received my spoonflower order yesterday.

    the colour in my design was exactly what i wanted but i was really let down by the material itself.

    a very light weight cotton and not very good quality. at $18 dollars a yard i was expecting a little bit better.

    hopefully the other fabrics are of better quality.

    the packaging was a little rough as well.

    maybe i have just lived in japan for too long and like nice things. ;)

    have a super day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmm really??? it's like quilter's weight?

    perhaps we are spoiled by japan - fabric, service, packaging ...

    have you put a pic on Flickr Karen? I'd love to see your design

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely suprise! Thank you for your nice comments about Rosie Goa, and it's been a pleasure discovering your other picks. I have a "by invitation" giveaway launching today...I'll send you an invite! x

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.