Stay at home mum - is it for you?

Not everyone is cut out to be a stay-at-home-mum. This is the scene here today. I am wearing one of my husband's old neckties, have a pair of binoculars around my neck and some orange lens sunglasses on top of my head. We are listening to Bob the Builder, a read-along story with Pilchard's meows every couple of minutes to let us know to turn the page on the book we can't find at the moment. I am on my hands and knees polishing our wood floors. Little Guy has taken this as a cue to start throwing hard bouncy balls at me. He has an amazing aim which is good but not in this situation.

A typical day at home with an almost three year old.

Would you like to up your status to work-at-home-mum? Do all of the above and add: updating on Twitter, emailing customers, packaging orders and editing photos of stock. Oh and blogging! All in a day's work. Looking forward to nap time. I need a power nap since Little Guy was up three times in the night - 11.30, 2.30 and 4.30. Yawn.

4 comments:

  1. I'm tired just reading this. Can SO relate, only thankfully am past the Bob the Builder stage. Being bounced with balls - alas is still high on the agenda. Hand ball, soccer ball, foot ball, netball, doesn't matter which. Sigh - why are mother's lives so overcome by balls!?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When mine where at that stage I thought ?//@! Now I just realise how much mums can do for their little ones (and bigger ones sometimes) and learn to appreciate my mum better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 7 week old wasn't up that often! That must be tough.

    Actually, I just read a blog the othe day about the pre-3 developmental and sleep changes. Just in case you are interested!
    http://tinyurl.com/qgosk6

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks everyone, that's a great link medea, thank you.
    each day gets a little easier for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.