My favourite photo (s)


It's really simple. I love how every photo tells a story. Some short stories, some long tales. I want to know what is your favourite photo of yourself. Everyone has one. The photo they look at and smile. It reminds them of something, some time, some place. A moment in time.

So share the photo, share the story and then tag three other people. I want to see photos and stories all around the blogosphere.

fatmumslim

I've been tagged a few times today but this one seems easiest to do right now. Tina at Mimoo has tagged me in the Favourite Photo game from fatmumslim. I have lots of favourite photos but of course most pre-digital.

This ones make me really happy but is not a great shot. It's me mountain biking on our honeymoon in Fiji. Mountain biking!!!!! I'd never done it before and will probably never do it again. We got a puncture, got bogged down in the mud and never actually found the waterfall we were supposed to be going to! We don't do maps! Oh and I don't do shorts. (Shocking, never before seen picture of my legs). Every time Mr. Mee a Bee and I look at this photo we crack up laughing. I think you know by now I am not a sporty person.

We got married nine years ago, almost to the day. We had to make some very last minute changes to the wedding due to a political coup ... but that's another whole story. Let's just say we had to shift locations to a different country.

We still honeymooned on the island of SavuSavu. We stayed here, at Namale, a five star resort and the most beautiful place in the world. I doubt that we will ever be able to afford to stay there again but I still hold onto that dream of returning. Kids are not allowed in the resort so wouldn't that be fabulous!!



I will tag: Nerida at Craftjuice, Kylie at 3 Sheets, and Kim at StickyTiki
three beautiful friends who will make me happy if I see their smiling faces.

I think I looked beautiful on my actual wedding day. June 16th, 4pm on a cold winter day in Auckland, New Zealand. We took the ferry across the harbour and my "aisle" was the gangplank up to the pier. We got married right by the sea.

10 comments:

  1. your wedding photo is gorgeous, you do look beautiful & very happy.
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious! i have been reading a few other blogs of everyone tagging their photos and funnily enough most of them are either honeymoon or wedding photos!! ha girls will be girls..... :-)))

    ps I agree with mr mee a bee your video is HILARIOUS! but also very cute and informative at the same time;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos! lovely lovely wedding photo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you doing even ridig a bike on your honeymoon!! Who could be bothered?haha

    I can't believe you had to move coutries for your wedding, that is amazing - and would have been very stressful, just what you need before one of the biggest days of your life!!
    You looked beautiful.
    .......now off to watch your vid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly kelly!! this was one of two things we did, we also went snorkeling. Mr. Mee a Bee is not a very good swimmer and he was really scared so had to float on the surface with a life jacket on. Neither of us is a nature baby!! Though I do love the water and to swim.
    thanks Illahee! Cathy and Mimoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are GREAT!!! Ok I am going to take up your challenge...but slightly different, because I am going to post a very difficult photo of my self (well for me to look at! ) Will message you when it is done :)
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful story - thank you so much for sharing that!! AND you've tagged ME! OMG, that's never happened to me before! I'm excited and scared at the same time ;)
    Thank you, Jacqui - you're such a good egg! I'll have to start thinking... All my fav photos are of my girls and hubby is adamant that I can't post photos of them. So, thinking thinking (I hate photos of myself). I'll try my best! Keep you posted! :) K

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photo! Hilarious! I've added mine here
    http://craftjuice.typepad.com/craftjuice/2009/06/photo-tagged-my-favourite-photo.html

    Thanks for the tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hilarious cos I am well known for my sporty prowess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the interesting article. Being able to link to it made our article more useful and interesting for our readers, too.
    These comment boxes don't always like web addresses, so I will tell you it's The Blog of Kevin Dolgin, September 10.

    Best of all possible regards,
    Pat Hartman
    News Editor, The Blog of Kevin Dolgin

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.