Mum Freaks Out but John Saves the Day

It's the school holidays which means I have not one but two bored boys home with me. Little Guy was extremely tiresome this morning so he got put in his room where he promptly fell asleep.

I felt bad for screaming at him. I got a text message from Mr. Mee a Bee so I told him what had been going on, he replied with "Don't bite N please". Of course he was right, I'd taken my anger out on Biggie which is so unfair. To make amends I decided today would be a good day to try out the recipe we had jotted down last week.

Biggie and I both enjoy baking. When he was little we used to watch Everyday Food as often as we could. It was on at 2.30pm so we rushed home from kindergarten most days to watch it.


Last week I was happy to discover Everyday Food is on again, repeats. We particularly like John Barricelli, who I see now has his own show, Everyday Baking.

Today we have made John's Carrot Cake Cookies complete with cream cheese filling. Yum! I can't find the recipe online but basically they're a version of an oat cookie. The addition of grated carrot and dried ginger give the taste of carrot cake. They're sandwiched together with the filling. They are so good, and kind of healthy with the carrot, don't you think? (YES, yes, that's right, eat as many as you like, hehehehe)

When Little Guy wakes up we will all be happy since we have warm biscuits and the lovely aroma of baking filling our kitchen. It's raining so we'll be snuggled up on the couch for the rest of the day watching some other comfort-food type of program, maybe Country Calendar.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you were having such a fun time making those biscuits together. Carrot cake cookies with cream cheese filling sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!The holiday is over here...3 weeks it was ;)We just did the cereal bars from Cathie at Melbourne Epicure, great for kids to make too ;)Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baking with the kids. I'll have to try and find that recipe and test on my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, they can drive you crazy, can't they. But it sounds like you have saved the day with those biscuits - yum. Eleanor adores 'helping' with cooking too - I must make time for it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were so yum - Little Guy loved the icing best. Last night we got a free magazine from a supermarket in Australia with a very similar recipe in! shouldn't be hard to find.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.