Summer Days

Today Little Guy and I are having a go at making our own ice blocks (popsicles).

We found this simple recipe for Jelly Quixicles by Alison Holst (from New Zealand)

2 Tbsp jelly crystals - we had strawberry jello
1/2 boiling water
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp banana or strawberry NesQuik (we left this out since we don't have any and we have used flavoured jelly)
2 Tbsp milk powder

Dissolve the jelly crystals in boiling water. Add the other ingredients and whisk untik smooth. Freeze quickly in moulds.

We have a quick-freeze option on the freezer but the mold is too high for the shelf, so we're hoping it will still work in the normal freezer.

5 comments:

  1. Good old Alison Holst, those sound (potentially) very yummy! How did they turn out? Must give them a go when summer rolls around here in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jac. We have a favourite recipe here for home made iceblocks - whiz up a can of peaches (including the juice)in blender (or with a stick blender, then mix in one pottle of yoghurt. It is really easy and delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking I need to get in on the popsicle making fun, my boys keep asking I just haven't gotten any molds yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well... they were not full enough in the moulds so we had a bit of trouble getting them out. Mr T had to eat his with a spoon. They both said they were yum.
    Cathy I have that peach yogurt recipe, will try tomorrow! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.