A fun afternoon for Biggie - How stuff works

In New Zealand we use the expression "Kiwi Ingenuity" which is "the idea that New Zealanders (Kiwis) display a MacGyver-like ability to solve any problem, often using unconventional means or whatever happens to be lying around" (from wikipedia).

A lot of great inventions have come about as a result of this philosophy. There's even a website devoted to nurturing ideas and encouraging innovation.

Kids in New Zealand are encouraged to tinker. I wasn't much one for it which might explain my complete lack of any real practical knowledge about how things work. Biggie seems to have the capacity for logical thinking as well as a healthy curiosity so when our toaster broke down a few weeks ago I knew it would be the basis for a great deconstruction project. It took all afternoon and was great fun for him. Ask him how toast is made next time you see him.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like my oldest, he definitely loves to figure out how things work. Thanks for the link by the way.It's something I can read and check out with my munchkins.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.