New Zealand Trip Update (2009)

Our trip to New Zealand (my home country) is almost all confirmed so I have started making plans.

I'm using the online itinerary planner TripIt to store all of our confirmations. Have you heard of this great service? When you get an email confirmation from your airline or rental car agency for example you can forward it to TripIt. TripIt then formats it automatically into an itinerary. It's so cool! It saves so much time. I can even share it with friends and family and of course access it from any computer with Internet access.

So far these are the points of interest:

We'll be in Wellington on December 15th hopefully staying with our friends there for one night.

The next day we'll be driving through to Hawkes Bay. We'll stop to see my cousin and her kids along the way so it will be a fun meandering drive. I've rented a car and mapped out our route.

We'll be in Hawkes Bay over the weekend (thru to December 20th) then we hit the road again and travel cross country to Hamilton via Taupo. Again we visit friends and hopefully stay the night.

Our car is due back in Auckland on the 22nd.

Does it sound like a lot of driving? It isn't really since New Zealand is such a small country. Some of the legs of our journey are only an hour and the longest we'd be driving would be four hours. I've already told Biggie we'll be making lots of stops for ice creams. I am secretly hoping to see antique shops and handicraft stores along the way too.

There's talk of a crafty bloggers meetup in Auckland around Christmas time. Maybe the day after Boxing Day? It's kind of hard to schedule everyone at this time of year I know. If you're keen let me know.

Mee a Bee will be closed while we're away so please let me know early if you are going to want something around this time.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear about your adventures. I know for sure you will have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be keen for a crafty meetup in Auckland! You might be a bit disappointed in the number of antique/collectables stores around these days, they're closing down so fast because they can't compete with Trade Me. There used to be at least a dozen on our regular route down to Palmerston North and now there would be 3 or 4 tops.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.