Baa Baa Wooly Sheep

Most of my Australian and New Zealand friends can't wait for winter to be over. They're looking forward to long sunny days by the pool. They're dragging out their barbecues. Spring cleaning their gardens.

As we head into autumn and winter in the Northern Hemisphere I thought I would check in on two friends of mine who sell winter items year round.

Natural Star is my good friend Brenda (who I've mentioned before). I just adore her hand knits for babies. Most of her original patterns are vintage inspired and all are just beautiful. The photography was done by ForeverBlissPhotography and is so pretty. Natural Star is stocked in retail locations all over New Zealand and more recently Australia. Brenda sells direct to the public via Trifle (AUD$), LittleKiwisNest ($NZD) and of course Etsy ($USD). When she's not knitting, which is hard to imagine, she's mum to two beautiful children. The family live in the South Island of New Zealand.

Sew Katiepie is Auckland mum to one, Kate. I've also mentioned her before here. Her clothing for little children is made from New Zealand merino wool. Kate sources fabric from all over the world to make her own binding. I love the Liberty of London fabrics she has. Kate offers her clothing on Trifle (AUD$), Cosa Verde and Etsy (USD$). Kate lives in my home city with her gorgeous daughter and husband who loves to sail. New since last time is clothing for boys!

It's well known on this blog that I love sheep, well not sheep so much as wool. I am a wool snob and prefer New Zealand wool or Australian wool in a pinch. Over the years I have been asked many many times about the sheep population out-numbering the population of humans in New Zealand by several million. It's true but according to this article sheep numbers have dropped by 11%. Still there are more than 30 million sheep in New Zealand and a mere 4 million or so people.

Go get yourself some fine New Zealand wool before it gets too cold.

3 comments:

  1. oh love these things!!!

    xoxo
    Priscila

    littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feature! It looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.