Bonne Nouvelle!

I finally have some bonne nouvelle (good news) for my friend Hannah at Bonne Nouvelle. I have finished her bag!

I am really pleased with how it looks and am especially proud of the buttons. I am useless at hand sewing and even sewing on a button usually foils me. I decided to approach these ones calmly and it worked. I used a technique I learned from Martha Stewart to create a 'shank' for the button, so it's not sewn absolutely flat against the fabric. You can read how a toothpick is used for this task here. Now the elastic fits under the button without straining at the fabric.

Another little trick I learnt somewhere is to sew a tiny button on the back under the actual button. My haberdashery provides the tiny buttons for this purpose. I guess it makes the button more secure? Anyway I like the end result. And isn't this bag awesome?
Bon Voyage Little Kids Messenger bag is now in my store, mini-version of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.