Handmade in Japan

While I was away on our family trip recently, without a sewing machine or computer, I had time to really think about my business. I thought about all of the things that make my bags special and "must-have".

One of the unique selling points is the fact that they are Made in Japan. I know I love telling people where I got things from and if it was made somewhere a bit exotic then I will share that information as well. Don't you?



A lot of people love the fact that Mee a Bee bags for children are handmade (which is good for me) so these two pieces of pertinent information are now woven onto the labels.

What do you think? Can you think of any other reasons why people would want to buy a Mee a Bee bag? Let me know your thoughts as you may have a great point that I have never though of, thanks!

Don't forget the Hansel and Gretel - Mee a Bee Giveaway.

3 comments:

  1. I think the cute fabrics that you use and the fact that the fabrics are also made in Japan set you apart. I purposely buy things for kids (clothes, lunch bags, bedding etc) that do *not* feature commercial characters so your bags are perfect. The fabrics you choose also are clearly appropriate for kids but not at all babyish for older kids. Of course your designs are great too! My son has one of your bags and I was impressed with the quality of the sewing. Clearly you are a detail person! And yes, I like to brag that it is "handmade in Japan" :)

    One thought, do you mention (or emphasize) in your descriptions if the bags are washable? That may be important for some people to be reassured about before buying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a really good idea to add these information on your labels. It contributes to better defining your image as a creator and as a business.

    As for your bags, I think it's a combination of many things : the very specific target, the sweet fabrics (with nice color details), the simple yet carefully thought designs.

    I have to say I really admire what you're doing. Taking an idea and making it into a business really is something :)
    I hope one day I'll be brave enough to try it myself.

    Have a nice Monday !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much both of you for these insights and lovely lovely compliments.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.