A new blog feature

I am starting a new blog feature called "Mee a Bee says". I'll use this section to share sewing tips, crafting tips or perhaps even business tips. What do you think? Let me know if you would like to have a regular Mee a Bee says feature on your blog.

"Fallen in love with a cute piece of Japanese fabric you've seen online? But it's out of your price range? A fat quarter is plenty of material to make a messenger bag for any age person."

A fat quarter is a quarter of a yard 18" x 21" or 46 x 54 cm. It's what when a yard of fabric is cut into fours - cut in half horizontally and then cut in half vertically.

When I make messenger bags I only use the cute printed fabric for the flap. If you plan your cuts carefully you could make a small messenger bag, a small drawstring bag and a little pencil case or coin purse from just one fat quarter. A trip to your local fabric shop will find you the strapping, zip, cord as well as the other fabrics you'll need. You might even have some fabrics in your stash that would be suitable.

A little set like this would be a wonderful handmade gift for a little boy or girl just starting kindergarten or school.

I'll try and add a tutorial soon!

3 comments:

  1. I would love this - and if you threw in a tutorial, I would be soo excited! I love your stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Astrid, I was thinking about doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Jacqui! Hey, have you seen http://spoonflower.com?
    Laurie
    http://madebyswirlygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.