We're back in Japan!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello everyone! After what seems like an age we are back in Japan. We've been back two days already but it's slow going since we're all pretty tired and it's FREEZING. I have so much news to share about our trip: funny things that happened, observations about New Zealand, the kids' favourite Christmas presents, unique souvenirs that I bought. I will be spending the next few days doing that.

I am so happy to be back in my own bed - though the first night I woke up with a start and for one horrific moment thought I was in bed with my mother! I was really relieved when I realised it was my darling Mr Mee a Bee next to me and we were home!

Our house seemed so huge and so bright when we first walked in. All of our furniture looked weird so I am already planning a shopping spree at Ikea. There's nothing like visiting the homes of friends and relatives for decorating and organising ideas. Of course my credit card took a beating on the trip so that plan will have to go on the back-burner for a while.

I'd like to thank all of our family and other relatives as well as all of our dear friends who so graciously opened their homes to us. We are so grateful to have you in our lives. We had such a great time!

The picture above is the most beautiful tree, a native of New Zealand, the Pohutakawa or New Zealand Christmas tree. It blooms in December, just in time for Christmas and is gorgeous. It was wonderful to see everywhere we went and just shouts HOME to me.

Stay tuned as I share memories from the trip to New Zealand and make plans for the upcoming year. Wishing you all a wonderful year in 2010.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome home!

    I'm not sure if I've commented here before, but I've been enjoying your blog for a while. I went back and read your earlier posts too and a lot of them really resonate with me as I too try to 'bloom in Japan'!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello again! I'm so excited and can't wait to read all about your trip and what you found and what kids did etc etc. But also - so good to have you back in my life (if I'm allowed to say that)!
    Take time to really come back home. When I return from Estonia, it takes usually couple of days until my soul is back in Germany with me too :) funny, funny...but true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a great trip. I have greatly missed Blooming. Looking forward to hearing about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back! I have missed you, I hope we can catch up again in 2010 :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you had a great trip, glad you are back, missed your posts and stuff. i look forward to hearing about your trip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jacqui! Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu! Yes, amongst all the celebrations and festivites that the holiday season brings, I too missed your blog. Looking forward to hearing about your happy adventures in 2010!(*o*)/

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.